Are you concerned about what’s in your soil? The 2016 Department of Environmental Quality Errol Heights Soil Sampling Report is available! This report includes the sampling done at the Errol Heights Community Garden. To view and download the report, click here.
From Learning Gardens Lab:
SAVE THE DATE!
Please join us for the Learning Gardens Laboratory first annual Farm to Fork Dinner!
Saturday, August 11, 2018, 6:00-9:00PM at Learning Gardens Laboratory (6801 SE 60th Ave, Portland, OR 97206)
The evening includes:
- A guided, edible tour through the garden
- A multi-course meal prepared by PSU Eats Executive Chef Matt Steele
- Each dish includes freshly grown produce from LGL, along with wine and beer pairings
- Live entertainment
- Storytelling by PSU students
All proceeds raised at the Farm to Fork fundraiser will support programming and development of the Learning Gardens Laboratory, including innovative garden-based education projects with Lane Middle School and Portland State University Capstone students. The mission of Learning Gardens Laboratory is to support academic achievement, leadership development, and local sustainable food systems by providing multicultural, interdisciplinary, intergenerational, and experiential garden-based education for public school students and their families, university students, and community members. Please join us in celebrating the bounty of summer at this special event!
A vegan/gluten-free dinner option will be provided.
Portland summer casual party attire and garden-friendly footwear are encouraged.
Reserved sponsorship tables available, please contact Brittnee Gilbert.
Admission: $75 per person. Limited tickets are available, so please reserve your tickets now: Purchase Tickets
The first Learning Gardens Lab Farm Stand of the summer will be on Wednesday, June 27th, from 3:30pm-6:30pm! Come say hello and get some fresh produce every Wednesday. Cash or check only.
From Learning Gardens Lab:
Work Party – Next Weekend!
Please join us for our final work party of the spring season on Saturday, June 2nd, from 10am-1pm.
Work party projects:
- Mulch madness!
- Sprucing up the student beds
- Painting signs
Please bring your own reusable water bottle and a snack to keep you energized.
Our final plant sale of the season will be during the work party on June 2nd, from 10am-1pm.
Plants for sale include:
- Summer squash
- Various flowers
Plants will be for sale inside Greenhouse 5. Cash or check only.
- Setting up drip-irrigation system
- Installing a new sink at the water shed
- Creating a bamboo fencing around the children’s play area
- Pulling weeds
- Cover cropping
The Master Gardeners have been hard at work, despite the rain, installing a new demo garden at Learning Gardens Lab. Check out these great aerial photos taken by intern Pablo Llambias.
- Saturday, May 12th, 10:00AM-1:00PM
- Saturday, June 2nd, 10:00AM-1:00PM
- Mondays, 9:30AM-12:30PM with Isabelle
- Tuesdays, 9:00AM-12:00PM with Isabelle
- Thursdays, 12:00-3:00PM with Brittnee
- Fridays, 9:00AM-12:00PM with Brittnee