The City voted to accept $2 million in state funds for greenway parallel to 82nd Avenue. The proposed alignment appears to be on SE 78th Ave between SE Duke and SE Flavel streets within Brentwood-Darlington. More information to come as it becomes available.
BDNA NOTE: A representative from the Bureau of Planning and Sustainability will be at our August 2nd BDNA general meeting to talk about and answer questions for this project.
The E-zone Map Correction Project will adjust the location of Portland’s environmental overlay zones to match locations of existing streams, wetlands, steep slopes and vegetation as required by the new Comprehensive Plan. The environmental overlay zones protect natural resources that are essential for watershed health. The environmental overlay zones were applied to properties through officially adopted conservation plans around Portland starting in 1989 and completed in 2003. With the new Natural Resources Inventory in 2012 it became obvious that some resources that are supposed to be protected (like stream segments) are not, while other lands have regulations but no natural resources. This project will correct that. If your property will be considered for remapping as part of this project, you will receive a postcard in the mail. The postcard will let you know where you can get more information about potential changes on your property.
Come enjoy the sunshine and celebrate Dad this Saturday & Sunday, June 16-17! Head over to our neck of the woods (8145 SE 82nd Ave) and enjoy brunch in the sun this Saturday & Sunday from 8-11am! All three Camp Cartlandia carts will be open at 8am!
Signal upgrades at Foster, Woodstock & Flavel
Project description: This project will install upgraded traffic signals and install sidewalk curb ramps that meet Americans with Disabilities Act standards at the intersections of SE 82nd Avenue and SE Foster Road, SE Woodstock Boulevard and SE Flavel Street.
Schedule: Construction began in April and will continue through the fall at each intersection.
Traffic impacts: Currently, travelers should expect daytime single lane closures from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays at each intersection and pedestrian and cyclist detours.
The majority of the work will be performed Monday-Friday, 6 a.m to 3 p.m. Some night work may be necessary. Expect single lane closures at these intersections over the entire construction period. Pedestrian and cyclist access will be available and identified at each intersection, including access for people with disabilities. Some TriMet bus stops may be temporarily closed or moved during this period. For updated service alerts, go to trimet.org/alerts.
For more information: tinyurl.com/82ndAveSignals
Project description: This project will remove old driveways and replace them with regular sidewalks at 17 locations along 82nd Avenue (near SE Main Street, SE Wodtock Boulevard, SE Harney Street and SE Clatsop Street). This means fewer tripping hazards, as well as less confusion for drivers about which driveway to use.
Schedule: Construction began in May and is nearly complete.
Traffic impacts: No traffic impacts.
Woodmere Elementary 2018-19 Library Wish List
- John Greene – The Fault in Our Stars, An Abundance of Katherines, Turtles All the Way Down
- Jeff Kinney – Diary of a Wimpy Kid – The Getaway
- Rachel Renee Russell – Dork Diaries – Dear Dork: Tales From a Not So Happy Heartbreaker, Tales From a Not So Secret Crush Catastrophe, Tales From a Not So Perfect Pet Sitter
- Bob Buya – Saving Mr. Terupt, The Perfect Score, The perfect Secret
- Dav Pillkey – Dog Man series
- Ann M. Martin – California Diaries, Babysitters Club Graphix (Collection)
- Lana Telgemeier – Smile, Drama, Sister, Ghosts, Comics Squad Recess
- Victoria Jamieson – Roller Girl
- Betsy Bird – Funny Girl
- Ernest Cline – Ready Player One
- Scott Roentgen – Nyxia
- Andy Weir – Artemis, The Martian
- Orson Scott Card – Ender’s Game
- Wendy Mass – The Candymakers, The Candymakers and the Great Chocolate Chase, Pi in the Sky, Heaven Looks a Lot Like the Mall
- Chris Grabenstein – Mr. Lemoncello’s Library (series), The Island of Dr. Libris, The Hanging Hill, Whack a Mole
- Kwame Alexandro – Solo
- Alex Gino – George, You Don’t Know Everything, Jilly P!
- Scott Caution – Five Nights at Freddy’s (series), The Freddy Files
- Jillian Dodd – Spy Girl (series)
- Corinna Luyken – The Book of Mistakes
- Sheree Fitch – If I Had a Million Onions
- Simon Rose – The Sorcerer’s Letterbox, The Emerald Curse
- James Heneghan and Bruce McBay – Nannycatch Chronicles
- Silvana Goldenberg – Victoria
- Glen Huser – Time for Flowers Time for Snow
- Allie Condie – Matched (series)
- Kanu Kibushi – Amulet 8 (series)
- Jane Goldman – Ms. Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
- Katy Kay – The Confidence Code for Girls
- Becky Albertalli – Love, Simon, Simon vs. The Homosapiens, Leah on the Offbeat, The Upside of Unrequited
- Max Brooks – Minecraft: The Island, The Complete Handbook Collection
- Mavashi Kishimoto – Naruto (series)
- Mo Willems – Should I Share My Ice Cream, Waiting is Not Easy, The Thank You Book, I Broke My Trunk
- Chloe Perkins – Living in China
- Barbara Dee – Star Crossed
- Kelly Barnhill – The Girl Who Drank the Moon
- Dustin Brady – Trapped in a Video Game
- Tim Federle – Five, Six, Seen, Nate! (Better Nate Than Ever)
- Michael Gerhart – Love is Love
- Justin Sayre – Husky