Are you interested in joining the Brentwood-Darlington Neighborhood Association (BDNA) as a board member? We have lots of opportunities to contribute! Elections for 2020-21 positions are happening July 2nd, 2020! (See below for information on general and elected positions.)
What does an “at large” board member do?
- Attend at least 10 monthly board meetings per year, held the 1st Thursday of every month from 7:00-9:00PM.
- Plan, host, and volunteer at BDNA and community events.
- Discuss and vote on neighborhood issues, appoint committees (as needed), and work on projects pertaining to Brentwood-Darlington.
- Attend other meetings on behalf of BDNA.
The BDNA has four elected officers: Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
- The Chair is responsible for presiding over meetings, drawing up the agenda, and generally representing the board and neighborhood when necessary. (Average monthly time commitment ~20-30 hours)
- The Vice Chair assists the Chair and steps in when the Chair is unable to perform their duties. (Average monthly time commitment ~10-15 hours)
- The Secretary maintains non-financial records and a list of board members, takes minutes at meetings, and answers correspondence. (Average monthly time commitment ~10-15 hours)
- The Treasurer is responsible for all funds belonging to the BDNA and must maintain records and report on those funds monthly. (Average monthly time commitment ~10-15 hours)
Don’t want to join the Board, but still want to volunteer?
- There are still plenty of opportunities! You can join a committee or attend and report back on other meetings and events. Are you able to speak/write in a language other than English? Can you do something from home like answering email, posting to a website, or making phone calls? No matter your ability, BDNA has a way for you to participate!
Current active committees:
- Land Use and Transportation (meets 2nd Thursday of the month)
- Outreach and Events (meets 3rd Tuesday of the month)
- Parks and Schools (meets 3rd Tuesday of the month)
- Equity and Inclusion (meets 3rd Tuesday of the month)
- Emergency Preparedness and Sustainability (meets 3rd Tuesday of the month)