Are you interested in joining the Brentwood-Darlington Neighborhood Association (BDNA) as a board member? We have lots of opportunities to contribute! Elections for 2020-21 positions are happening July 2nd, 2020! (See below for information on general and elected positions.)
Declare your interest in joining the BDNA by filling out this form! Need another way? Let us know!
What does an “at large” board member do?
- Attend at least 10 monthly board meetings per year, held the 1st Thursday of every month from 7:00-9:00PM.
- Plan, host, and volunteer at BDNA and community events.
- Discuss and vote on neighborhood issues, appoint committees (as needed), and work on projects pertaining to Brentwood-Darlington.
- Attend other meetings on behalf of BDNA.
The BDNA has four elected officers: Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
- The Chair is responsible for presiding over meetings, drawing up the agenda, and generally representing the board and neighborhood when necessary. (Average monthly time commitment ~20-30 hours)
- The Vice Chair assists the Chair and steps in when the Chair is unable to perform their duties. (Average monthly time commitment ~10-15 hours)
- The Secretary maintains non-financial records and a list of board members, takes minutes at meetings, and answers correspondence. (Average monthly time commitment ~10-15 hours)
- The Treasurer is responsible for all funds belonging to the BDNA and must maintain records and report on those funds monthly. (Average monthly time commitment ~10-15 hours)
Don’t want to join the Board, but still want to volunteer?
- There are still plenty of opportunities! You can join a committee or attend and report back on other meetings and events. Are you able to speak/write in a language other than English? Can you do something from home like answering email, posting to a website, or making phone calls? No matter your ability, BDNA has a way for you to participate!
Current active committees:
- Land Use and Transportation (meets 2nd Thursday of the month)
- Outreach and Events (meets 3rd Tuesday of the month)
- Parks and Schools (meets 3rd Tuesday of the month)
- Equity and Inclusion (meets 3rd Tuesday of the month)
- Emergency Preparedness and Sustainability (meets 3rd Tuesday of the month)