As per a majority vote of the current BDNA board and on the advise of SE Uplift, 2020 Brentwood-Darlington Neighborhood Association board elections have been postponed until our regular public monthly board meeting on July 2nd, 2020 7:00-9:00PM. Everyone is welcome!
The elections will be held virtually, unless restrictions on gatherings have been lifted. Until July, the current board will continue fulfilling their duties. If you have questions or need an accommodation to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. More information on the format of these elections coming soon!
What does a board member do? Here are some examples!
- Attend at least 10 monthly board meetings per year, held the 1st Thursday of every month from 7:00-9:00PM.
- Attend other meetings and report back to BDNA board. (Examples: East Portland Involved Citizens, Woodstock Community Business Association, Bureau of Planning and Sustainability Meetings)
- Volunteer at events like neighborhood clean-ups, Movies in the Park, Spooktacular, and other community events.
- Discuss and vote on neighborhood issues, appoint and/or participate on committees (as needed), and work on projects pertaining to Brentwood-Darlington.
What about elected positions? The BDNA has four elected officers: Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
- The Chair is responsible for planning and presiding over meetings, drawing up the agenda, and generally representing the board and neighborhood when necessary. (Average monthly time commitment ~20-30 hours)
- The Vice Chair assists the Chair and steps in when the Chair is unable to perform their duties. (Average monthly time commitment ~10-15 hours)
- The Secretary maintains non-financial records and a list of board members, takes minutes at meetings, and answers correspondence. (Average monthly time commitment ~10-15 hours)
- The Treasurer is responsible for all funds belonging to the BDNA and must maintain records and report on those funds monthly. (Average monthly time commitment ~5-10 hours)
What if I don’t want to join the Board, but still want to volunteer? You don’t have to be a board member to volunteer at events or be on a committee! We invite all neighbors to and participate in our four active committees:
- Land Use and Transportation
- Outreach and Events
- Parks and Schools
- Equity and Inclusion
You can also participate by volunteering at events, maintaining digital assets (social media, email, website), and more! If you are interested in contributing, we can find something to fit your schedule and abilities!