Hello Friends of LGL!
We will be hosting a second plant sale this Saturday, May 9th from 11-2. Please read below to learn about the new varieties we will have available. The plant sale will be hosted just outside the new people’s gate at LGL. There will be street parking only. We will practice social distancing by allowing only one person to shop at a time. If more than one person arrives at once, we will have a line set up that will keep people at least 6 feet apart. Please read on for all of the details! (RSVP on Facebook here!)
- The first half an hour will be for those over 60 and immune-compromised individuals only. If you do not fall into one of these categories, please do not arrive before 11:30!
- The entire plant sale will be donation based. We ask that if you have the means, please support LGL. Nonetheless, if you have found yourself financially compromised during this time we will gladly donate the plants to you, no questions asked!
- All plants available will be sold/donated on a first come, first serve basis. We will have:
- Flowers: Marigold, Sunflower
- Tomatoes: San Marzano, Cherokee Purple, Brandywine, Bush Roma
- Tomatillo: Toma Verde
- Lettuce: Ice Queen, Paris Island Romaine, Buttercrunch, Black Seeded Simpson
- Pepper: California Wonder, Jalapeño, Yellow, Chili, Cayenne, Serrano, Sunbright Bell
- Eggplant: Black Beauty, Long Purple
- Swiss Chard: Rainbow
- Cabbage: Early Dutch Flat, Red
- Squash: Delicata, Red Kuri, Costata Romanesco, Kabocha, Sweet Meat, Spaghetti, Table Queen Acorn
- Basil: Tulsi Holy
- Dill: Bouquet
- Kale: Red Russian, Italian Nero
- Parsley: Italian Dark Green Flat, Moss Curled
- Cucumber: Marketmore, Armenian, Burpless
- Pumpkin: Sugar Pie
- Suggested donation for vegetable 6-packs will be $5, 4-packs will be $4, 4 inch pots will be $3, and 2 inch pots will be $2. We will also have some “mystery” plants being sold for $1. We will accept cash, Venmo, or Paypal payments. We ask that if you plan to pay in cash that you please bring exact change. We would like to minimize the amount of cash we touch during this time.
- If you plan to buy multiple plants, please try to remember to bring your own means of carrying them away.
- When you arrive, please do not touch the plants until you have selected the one you plan to purchase.
- We will be asking you to return your sanitized pots to us once you have planted out what you bought. More details about this will be available at the plant sale.
We hope to see you there!