Oregon Department of Environmental Quality will host a Community Meeting Wednesday, September 18th, 2019, 6:00-9:00PM at Lewis Elementary School (4401 SE Evergreen St). Oregon DEQ will update neighbors regarding ongoing and upcoming environmental actions at Precision Cast Parts (PCC) that relate to soil and water* clean up efforts.
The specific topic areas for the 9/18 meeting include:
- Meeting goals and objectives
- Historical overview of clean up activities
- Soil clean up activities that have been completed for polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) at the site. A colleague from EPA will be joining us for this portion.
- Storm water system/DEQ water quality (NPDES) permit. A City of Portland colleague will be on hand to co-present.
- Groundwater monitoring results and path forward to the feasibility study for the site. DEQ’s project team will be presenting this information during the meeting.
- Sediment sampling and Johnson Creek bank repair work conducted by the City of Portland. DEQ along with a City of Portland colleague will be presenting information about the work within Johnson Creek.
*Air quality issues, including monitoring results, renewal of the ACDP permit, and the status of the facility in the Cleaner Air Oregon program, will be discussed at a future meeting.