Brentwood-Darlington is home to five schools, including Woodmere Elementary School. Woodmere is a diverse Title I school located in the northeast corner of the neighborhood and serves families from Brentwood-Darlington, Lents, and Mt Scott-Arleta. In past years, Woodmere has worked with Schoolhouse Supplies and a corporate sponsor to provide a backpack full of supplies to every child attending. This program relieves a significant burden on families and helps every student start the year on the right foot. Unfortunately, Woodmere’s longterm sponsor is no longer participating for the 2019-20 school year. This leaves over 300 students without the supplies they need to be successful. But you can help!
Sponsor a backpack (or more!) A donation of $20 sponsors a full Tools for Schools backpack for a student at Woodmere Elementary. All donations are tax deductible through Schoolhouse Supplies*! Want to contribute more? Check out the different levels below:
- $1,000 – Backpacks and supplies for 50 students in need
- $2,000 – Backpacks and supplies for 100 students in need
- $4,000 SCHOOL CO-SPONSOR – Backpacks and supplies for 200 students in need + in-school backpack event for 10 volunteers
- $6,000 HONOR ROLL CO-SPONSOR – Backpacks and supplies for 300 students in need + in-school backpack event for 10 volunteers
- $8,000 SALUTATORIAN CO-SPONSOR – Backpacks and supplies for 400 students in need + in-school backpack event for 15 volunteers
- $10,000 VALIDICTORIAN SCHOOL SPONSOR – Backpacks and supplies for 500 students in need + exclusive in-school backpack event for up to 20 volunteers
To donate online CLICK HERE. Be sure to put “Woodmere School” in the Additional Comments box so your funds are directed correctly. If you are interested in making a larger contribution, volunteering, or learning more about Schoolhouse Supplies, contact Executive Director Alice Forbes.
Volunteer to pack supplies! If you are unable to contribute financially, you can show up in August to help pack supplies into backpacks! Look for more information on that as the date nears.
Have a business? Your employees have the opportunity to volunteer at your sponsored school and engage with students and teachers while packing supplies into backpacks. This meaningful volunteer experience will occur just before or during the first week of school (August 2019). This direct engagement provides a deep connection for your staff: 100% of surveyed participants reported that they are proud of their company for sponsoring this program.
*Schoolhouse Supplies is a nonprofit, tax-exempt charity and donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Tax ID#: 20-4223437