Board elections are happening May 2nd, 2019 at our regular public monthly board meeting, 7:00-9:00PM, at the Brentwood-Darlington Community Center. Everyone is welcome!
What does a board member do?
- Attend at least 10 monthly board meetings per year, held the 1st Thursday of every month from 7:00-9:00PM.
- Volunteer at events like neighborhood clean-ups, Movies in the Park, and National Night Out.
- Discuss and vote on neighborhood issues, appoint committees (as needed), and work on projects pertaining to Brentwood-Darlington.
What about elected positions?
The BDNA has four elected officers: Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
- The Chair is responsible for presiding over meetings, drawing up the agenda, and generally representing the board and neighborhood when necessary. (Average monthly time commitment ~20-30 hours)
- The Vice Chair assists the Chair and steps in when the Chair is unable to perform their duties. (Average monthly time commitment ~10-15 hours)
- The Secretary maintains non-financial records and a list of board members, takes minutes at meetings, and answers correspondence. (Average monthly time commitment ~10-15 hours)
- The Treasurer is responsible for all funds belonging to the BDNA and must maintain records and report on those funds monthly. (Average monthly time commitment ~5-10 hours)
What if I don’t want to join the Board, but still want to volunteer?
You don’t have to be a board member to volunteer at events or be on a committee! We invite all neighbors to and participate in our four active committees:
- Land Use and Transportation
- Outreach and Events
- Parks and Schools
- Equity and Inclusion
Willing to attend a meeting and report back?