** FREE ** RV Disposal Turn-In Day
Portland International Raceway South Paddock, 1940 N Victory Blvd, Portland, OR 97217, Sunday, October 29, 2017 8:00AM-4:00PM.
On October 29th from 8:00AM-4:00PM. the Portland Bureau of Transportation, Metro, and Portland Police will be holding a FREE Recreational Vehicle Turn-in Event at Portland International Raceway. The event will offer an opportunity for residents of the City of Portland to legally transfer RV ownership of RVs that have little to no resale value to the City at zero cost to the resident. The City will then facilitate the disposal of these RVs. Currently the disposal cost of older RVs is a barrier to people who no longer want to own the vehicles. RV owners are faced with options of keeping the older vehicles in their possession, and pay a significant amount to dispose of it, or donating/giving it away. Our goal is to provide the public a way to dispose of unwanted RVs.
Requirements to Participate:
- The registered owner of the vehicle must be present to sign over title to the City of Portland. The title must have their name on it.
- The registered owner must be a City of Portland resident.
- Only one vehicle per household [i]
- We will only take vehicles from private parties, no dealerships or businesses.
- The donated RVs must not contain any personal belongings.
- The donated RVs must have drained tanks (grey/blackwater).
- The registered owner is required to get the vehicle to the turn-in location.
You must sign up by October 27, 2017 for an appointment to participate. CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP.
Location: The turn-in location is at Portland International Raceway South Paddock (1940 N Victory Blvd, Portland, OR 97217). Follow the signs once you enter PIR from N. Denver Avenue entrance. The Raceway is conveniently located close to the Max yellow line Delta Park/Vanport station.
Questions? Click here to read the FAQs. Call 503-823-5775 if you have any additional questions about the program.
[i] PBOT will maintain a waiting list and accommodate more than one vehicle per household, if space allows.