The Portland Bureau of Emergency Management, Parks & Recreation, and the Water Bureau have teamed up to open misting stations in public parks Thursday and Friday. Volunteer are needed to help set them up, break them down, and tend the sites throughout the day.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
Sign-ups for the other misting site locations are at:
Hot-weather safety precautions apply:
- Only volunteer if you are feeling well and are not in a high-risk group during heat
- Volunteers must wear a mask for COVID-19 protection, for themselves and others
- Drink lots of water
- Use sunscreen and wear long sleeve/pants
- Volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- A meal will be provided
- Before signing up please review
From Portland Water Bureau:
The Portland Water Bureau is working on new treatment processes for the Bull Run drinking water source to meet state and federal regulations for water quality. Future projects include:
The Water Bureau wants to hear from you to help guide initial decisions that will be made on some of the key aspects of the future filtration plant.
TAKE THE 5-MINUTE FILTRATION SURVEY
Questions or comments? Contact
Terry Black, Senior Community Outreach & Information Representative, Portland Water Bureau.