The Portland Bureau of Emergency Management, Parks & Recreation, and the Water Bureau have teamed up to open misting stations in public parks Thursday and Friday. Volunteer are needed to help set them up, break them down, and tend the sites throughout the day.
Sign-ups for the other misting site locations are at:
- Glenhaven Park, NE 82nd Ave & NE Siskiyou St
- Knott Park, 11456 NE Knott St
Hot-weather safety precautions apply:
- Only volunteer if you are feeling well and are not in a high-risk group during heat
- Volunteers must wear a mask for COVID-19 protection, for themselves and others
- Drink lots of water
- Use sunscreen and wear long sleeve/pants
- Volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- A meal will be provided
- Before signing up please review
- the Safety Plan (ICS 208)
- the Position Description (ICS 204) which includes all instructions for PPE, volunteer criteria, required online training, and on-site contact information.