Please join Brentwood-Darlington Neighborhood Association as we host the Woodstock Community Business Association March Board Meeting! Featuring special guest Sam Adams, City of Portland Director of Strategic Innovations.
Join us for our monthly meeting, February 7th, 7:00-9:00PM, Brentwood-Darlington Community Center (7211 SE 62nd Ave, 97206)!
State Representative Karin Power
Venga a nuestra renunión mensual, 7 de Febrero a las 7-9 de la tarde, El Centro de la Comunidad de Brentwood-Darlington (7211 SE 62nd Ave, 97206)!
Representante Estatal Karin Power
We cordially invite all neighbors and business owners to join us at the Brentwood-Darlington Community Center on March 1st, 7:00-9:00PM, for our monthly meeting, featuring special guest Multnomah County Commissioner Jessica Vega Pederson.
RSVP to our event on Facebook to stay up to date!
La Asociación de Vecinos de Brentwood-Darlington invita a todos sus vecinos y propietarios de negocios a participar en nuestras próximas reuniones, que incluyen los siguientes invitados especiales Comisario Jessica Vega Pederson.
Thank you to everyone who made it to our December 7th, 2017 meeting with special guest Sergeant Randy Teig! We were thrilled to have so many of our neighbors join us, especially from the Community Watch group. We were excited to provide simultaneous Spanish translation at this meeting, and will continue to do so at future meetings. Please help us spread the word! We also have posters of upcoming meetings translated in Spanish, if you would like to help print and distribute.
Prior to our December meeting was the Errol Heights Open House.
At the beginning of our meeting we had community announcements from:
- Carol Uhte from Multnomah County Library shared information on Holgate and Woodstock events.
- New Brentwood-Darlington business G.I.R.L.S. Gym is offering free self-defense class for B-D ladies in partnership with the Community Watch.
- Lane PTA is doing a food and non-food items drive, as well as collecting cans and bottles.
- Impact NW is seeking English and Spanish speaking families for playgroups at the Brentwood-Darlington Community Center. (Playgroups in Russian, Arabic, and Chinese are also available, but are currently full.)
- Multnomah County Health Centers are available in our community for kids grades K-12!
- Brentwood-Darlington Community Watch gave an update of their work with PPB. They will be having a Community Watch Social at Area 52, December 21st from 6:00-9:00PM. Find out more by joining the group on Facebook.
Following Community Announcements, Sergeant Randy Teig spoke briefly about his time in the neighborhood and then took questions from neighbors. The video below is a small portion of his time.
Some of the topics discussed were:
- “Hot Incidents” – Quickest way to get information is at Portland Police online.
- Violent crimes are decreasing, but disorder and incivility is not.
- Portland Police Bureau is in crisis for officers, with 100 set to retire, but only 95 in training and a shortage of at least 300 more needed.
- Community Policing – What the vision is and how it could be implemented.
- Difference in types of police forces, pros and cons.
- Reaching out to City Commissioners, why and how.
- Zombie/problem houses – How to report, what works and what doesn’t.
- Volume of calls coming in versus number of police officers available to respond to those calls.
- Efficacy of private security versus privately contracted officers.
- Effects of RV ordinance and recycling program.
During the second portion of our meeting:
- The board voted to endorse the Just Energy Tax Initiative.
- Derek Covey reported that there were approximately 20 new neighbors since last meeting.
- Board members discussed the 2035 Comp Plan industrial zoning change along SE 82nd Ave.
- Stephenie Frederick reported on adopting two TriMet stops on SE Flavel St.
Please note, these are not official meeting minutes. Photo and video credit: Derek Covey, Board Member
Use the form below to submit a question for Representative Jeff Reardon’s visit to our monthly meeting on Thursday, October 5th at 7:00PM.
Use the form below to submit a question for Mayor Ted Wheeler’s visit to our monthly meeting on Thursday, November 2nd at 7:00PM.
Use the form below to submit a question for Representative Karin Power’s visit to our monthly meeting on Thursday, September 7th at 7:00PM.