Thank you, everyone, who made it out last night! We had a great turnout, including several new neighbors! If you missed the meeting, here’s a quick recap:
- Lane PTA has volunteer opportunities open on Oct 16th and November 8-9th. Contact PTA President Esther Crowell-Duncan or visit their website for more info or to volunteer.
- New library events at Woodstock and Holgate. Library will soon begin taking submissions from local authors to publish as e-books. For more info visit the library in person or online.
- Girl Scouts of Oregon/SW Washington is actively working to start troops at Kelly, Woodmere, and Whitman. Contact Alexandria Robinson for more information.
- Learning Gardens Lab is having its annual Harvest Festival on October 18th, 3:30-6:30PM. Visit their event on Facebook for more info.
- BDNA Spooktacular is October 22nd, 4:00-7:00PM. Visit our event on Facebook for more info.
- Next BDNA meeting: November 2nd, 7:00-9:00PM. Special Guest Mayor Ted Wheeler! Visit our event on Facebook for more info.
Request for Endorsement/Support:
- Brentwood-Darlington Neighborhood Watch Facebook group requested BDNA sanction. As per discussion with Office of Neighborhood Involvement, group must go through city offered Neighborhood Watch trainings in order to be official. BDNA looks forward to working with this group and helping facilitate any desired trainings.
- Portland Just Energy Transition Initiative. You can view their summary and FAQ here. We will be receiving a copy of the ballot initiative and will post it online for comments prior to the board meeting on November 7th.
- The Board voted not to support the Laurelhurst Neighborhood Association Safe Zone Ordinance.
Representative Jeff Reardon spoke briefly about successes and disappointments during the last legislative session. He brought an informational handout and took questions. If you have questions for Rep. Reardon, you can submit them to us and we’ll pass them on.
Land Use and Transportation:
- New LUD discussed: 6628 SE 62nd Ave
- Board Member Stephenie Frederick is taking a 10-week course from PBOT on transportation.
**Please note, this is a general summary and not official minutes!**
Photo and Video Credit: Derek Covey, Board Member