Join us for our annual neighborhood clean-up event!
Bring your bulky waste, scrap metal and wood, furniture, yard debris, and more!
Suggested Donation: Car $20, Truck/Van $30, Trailer $15, Mattresses $5. NO COMMERCIAL LOADS! We accept cash, checks, and cards. Please make checks out to, “BDNA.” Look for our flier in the May issue of the The Bee to save $5!
So what is “bulky waste”? Things like chairs, sofas, lamps, mattresses, old doors, piles of cardboard or bales of old newspapers, or anything else that cannot be left curbside for regular waste pick-up. We also accept scrap metal like old metal chairs, poles, wire, cable, ducts, and locks. Plus, drop off your yard waste that can’t go in the compost bin; like branches, vines, bushes, small trees, and stumps.
As per Metro, we cannot accept:
- Building/construction/demolition materials, including:
- Flooring: vinyl tiles, vinyl sheet, mastic
- Walls: Painted wood, plaster, decorative plaster
- Siding: cement siding, shingles, “Transite
- Ceilings: acoustical tiles, “popcorn” and spray-on texture
- Insulation: spray-applied, blown-in, vermiculite
- Electrical: wire insulation, panel partitions
- Other: fire doors, fire brick, fire proofing
- Home and office appliances
- Computers/components, monitors or TVs
- Kitchen garbage/food waste
- Refrigerators/freezers or air conditioners (containing Freon or ammonia)
- Hazardous waste
- Batteries (all kinds)
- Railroad ties
- Propane tanks
- Lead containing materials
- Oil, mercury, or PCBs
- Fluorescent bulbs & ballast
RSVP for this event on Facebook or NextDoor to stay up to date!
Want to save $5?
Download and print our flier or look for it in The BEE newspaper.