Multnomah County Elections Mails Ballots to More than 560,000 Registered Voters for the November 3 General Election.Continue reading
It is too late to mail ballots, and postmarks do not count. Voters can use any 24-hour official ballot-return box site as well as any Multnomah County Library 24-hour book-return box to safely and securely deposit ballots.
Locate a ballot box. To find your nearest official ballot-box site or library site visit: multco.us/dropsites.Continue reading
As per a majority vote of the current BDNA board and on the advise of SE Uplift, 2020 Brentwood-Darlington Neighborhood Association board elections have been postponed until our regular public monthly board meeting on July 2nd, 2020 7:00-9:00PM. Everyone is welcome!
The elections will be held virtually, unless restrictions on gatherings have been lifted. Until July, the current board will continue fulfilling their duties. If you have questions or need an accommodation to participate, please email email@example.com. More information on the format of these elections coming soon!Continue reading
The U.S. Postal Service Has Begun Delivering Ballots for the May 19th, 2020 Primary Election!
Multnomah County voters who do not receive a ballot by Thursday, May 7th should call the county elections office at 503-988-VOTE.
Multnomah County Elections encourages voters to stay home, stay safe and vote by mail. Thanks to prepaid postage legislation passed in 2019 — a stamp is no longer needed!
Multnomah County voters have until May 14th to safely mail back their ballot for the May 19 Primary Election. After that date, use any Official Ballot Drop Site in Oregon, to return ballots by 8:00 PM, May 19, 2020. To find your nearest official ballot drop site, visit multco.us/dropsites
Voted ballots must be received by 8:00 PM on Tuesday, May 19th. For more information about the May 19th Primary Election, please visit www.mcelections.org.
Board elections are POSTPONED until at least June 2020, as per recommendations from SE Uplift and approved through a vote at our April 2020 virtual board meeting. We appreciate the neighborhood’s understanding as we work through this unprecedented situation.
Interested in joining the BDNA? We have lots of opportunities to contribute! See below for our general and elected positions.Continue reading
Board elections are happening May 2nd, 2019 at our regular public monthly board meeting, 7:00-9:00PM, at the Brentwood-Darlington Community Center. Everyone is welcome!
What does a board member do?
- Attend at least 10 monthly board meetings per year, held the 1st Thursday of every month from 7:00-9:00PM.
- Volunteer at events like neighborhood clean-ups, Movies in the Park, and National Night Out.
- Discuss and vote on neighborhood issues, appoint committees (as needed), and work on projects pertaining to Brentwood-Darlington.
What about elected positions?
The BDNA has four elected officers: Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
- The Chair is responsible for presiding over meetings, drawing up the agenda, and generally representing the board and neighborhood when necessary. (Average monthly time commitment ~20-30 hours)
- The Vice Chair assists the Chair and steps in when the Chair is unable to perform their duties. (Average monthly time commitment ~10-15 hours)
- The Secretary maintains non-financial records and a list of board members, takes minutes at meetings, and answers correspondence. (Average monthly time commitment ~10-15 hours)
- The Treasurer is responsible for all funds belonging to the BDNA and must maintain records and report on those funds monthly. (Average monthly time commitment ~5-10 hours)
What if I don’t want to join the Board, but still want to volunteer?
You don’t have to be a board member to volunteer at events or be on a committee! We invite all neighbors to and participate in our four active committees:
- Land Use and Transportation
- Outreach and Events
- Parks and Schools
- Equity and Inclusion
Willing to attend a meeting and report back?
Join us on May 2nd and help make YOUR neighborhood a great place to live, work, and play!
Don’t miss our monthly meeting, TONIGHT, May 3rd, 2018, 7:00-9:00PM at the Brentwood-Darlington Community Center. We will be having our yearly board elections. Declare your candidacy using our online form or in-person with this paper form.
Agenda (subject to change) below. To download and print your own, click here!