Public Comment Period for Apartment Building Proposed on Woodstock NOW OPEN! RAISE YOUR VOICE!
Construction begins later this month on a project to improve the condition, traffic flow and safety on Interstate 205 between Johnson Creek Boulevard and the Glenn Jackson Bridge. The project includes:
- Repaving approximately nine miles of I-205, freeway ramps and intersections.
- Building auxiliary lanes in three locations.
- Installing ODOT RealTime traveler information and advisory signs.
- Improving the entrance to the multi-use path at Glisan Street.
- Improving sidewalk curb ramps within the project area.
Construction mostly takes place at night to minimize traffic impacts during the day. Work will continue through 2019.
Traffic Impacts During Construction
- Night time lane, ramp and shoulder closures in both directions on I-205.
- Full overnight closures on I-205, follow signed detour routes.
- Multiple overnight closures on several I-205 entrance and exit ramps.
- Lane closures on cross-streets near on-ramps and off-ramps, with occasional flaggers at intersections.
- TriMet buses may experience detours in some areas.
Construction Work Hours
Night time weekdays
Sundays through Thursdays:
- 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. (single lane closure times)
- 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. (double lane closure times)
Night time weekends
- 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. (single lane closure times)
- 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. (double lane closure times)
- 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Noise Impacts During Construction
Night work is required in order to minimize traffic impacts during the day. This work includes paving, grinding, auxiliary lane construction, ADA sidewalk curb ramp excavation and construction, RealTime sign installations, and drilling for sign foundations.